Item Title

Item Description
6 years ago #1
Dubai
Level: 29
Good morning everyone -

I'm going to talk to you today about something we've been working on, in order to whet your appetite and get your feedback.

We want something that will make this game a little deeper and make it stand out a bit. So our plan is to add the "Block" to Mafia Block. We do not have an estimated time when this will be done, but it's something we're actively working on.

Your Block is a block in the city that you, as a mafia boss, actively control. The different buildings in the city give you protection money that you can add to your cash. They'll also possibly have the chances of creating items as well.

The difference between this and crimes is that you can't just keep clicking a building forever. Each building's payout will only happen once in a while. So you have to check back when buildings are ready. In exchange, the payouts will be more predictable than crimes, so you know which building type has a good chance of dropping certain items.

In order to add a building to your block, you'll need the building Plans, and some Commodities. Plans will be for sale, and there will be a different plan for each building type. There might be some other ways to get them as well.

Commodities, such as Lumber and Bricks, will also be for sale at first. But our long-term plan is for you to create the commodities and sell them to one another, using Factory buildings. The smartest thing to do might be to create factory buildings first, in your Block, before trying to create the other building types. One thing we've noticed so far is that when new items are introduced, you guys tend to hoarde them, or charge a lot for them on the open market. So if letting players drive the economy turns out to be a bad idea this way, we might have to reconsider this. But this is the plan for now.

The Blocks will be different per city. So if you're high level, you'll have a new Block to maintain in every city. That's how high level players get more out of the Block system: more buildings to run. Of course, it will also be more expensive for them to get started.

Eventually, you'll also have to protect your buildings against raids from other mafiosos. But early on, while construction is starting, the buildings will be safe.

It takes time to create a new building. This process can be sped up by your Labor stat (a better use for this stat).

Some future buildings might also provide static bonuses to your character such as tougher stats or provide respect for your gang. ("Might." We're looking for your feedback here.)

Our final plan is to allow buildings to be upgradable, so that you can eventually develop an amazing set of blocks...

With some cool city buildings.

Please let us know in this thread what you think about this idea. Keep the thread on-topic!
6 years ago #2
Mexico City
Level: 84
pretty cool i like
chris3wade
6 years ago #3
Las Vegas
Level: 105
craig

6 years ago #4
Las Vegas
Level: 112
is this going to replace some things we have know or will it just add on?
6 years ago #5
Dubai
Originally posted by mmkap is this going to replace some things we have know or will it just add on?

Add on.

Originally posted by Gothy I have a few Question,
For every town your in you can have a "Block"?
Does that mean If I were to go to the hood could I start it there, Or Will I have to start it in Mexico city?
Also Do you Guys have any plans as to Making more city's? For every city we will have a "Block"?
I like the idea of staff controlling the Cost that way its not out the roof and not so dirt cheap.
So start training in labor, Will building them also use IQ as you have to use your mind when building stuff.
Thanks

Every town but the dock. So, since you can freely travel to any town, you can have a block in each town. You can start a block in the Hood no matter what level you are, but higher level cities will probably have fancier Blocks.

Making more cities: maybe, but depends on demand. Right now we are Ok with what we have to start.

No plans to integrate IQ right now, but we have another idea for how to make more use of it (not in progress right now, so don't ask about that one).
6 years ago #6
Las Vegas
Level: 112
Originally posted by Rosalita
Originally posted by mmkap is this going to replace some things we have know or will it just add on?

Add on.

then i think its a great idea
6 years ago #7
Chicago
Level: 77
cool idea u guys should add in a building where u can take like 4 or 9 coffee's thats in ur items and turn them into espresso's
DONPEDRO92 tried to jump you, but you beat their ass! Would you like to view the attack?
6 years ago #8
Dubai
Originally posted by Gothy Interesting, will the Commodity's we receive be used in the different Blocks?
For example my factory in Mexico City gave me some Lumber and Bricks may I use them at my Block in the Hood?

Yes, that is the plan.
6 years ago #9
Dubai
Originally posted by edge86 cool idea u guys should add in a building where u can take like 4 or 9 coffee's thats in ur items and turn them into espresso's

Like a coffee house? Not a bad idea.
6 years ago #10
Las Vegas
Level: 93
I really like the concept here and definitely a step in the right direction

Wouldn't it be even more interesting though if these individual buildings generated actual jobs for players of a certain niche to fill? For example players with high IQ levels could work in a hospital. Productivity of a building would depend on a workers actual logged in hours after each daily reset?

Maybe this is the perfect opportunity to rework the current jobs system also?