Item Title

Item Description
6 years ago #21
Las Vegas
Level: 102
Originally posted by Rosalita
Originally posted by bigb great idea staff

only got 1 question how many buildings would 1 person be able to have for each city

Not sure.

In fact, exact numbers is somewhat of a debate we have going on right here.

Imagine, just hypothetically (that means in theory (that means this isn't the exact plan, this is just a way of looking at it)),
that you had a building like a factory that generated bricks.

Would you want that factory to generate its bricks once a day, so you didn't feel like you needed to be on the game all the time to get bricks? Or would you want it to generate them once every so many minutes?

i like the 30 min/1 hr idea especially since yall got the cell phone app out now

6 years ago #22
Las Vegas
Level: 107
still i say 24 hours is better cause everyone that cant access the game every hour it makes it fair to where everyone can access the game 1 time a day
6 years ago #23
Las Vegas
Level: 102
Originally posted by bigb
Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ

only got 1 question how many buildings would 1 person be able to have for each city

Not sure.

Imagine, just hypothetically (that means in theory (that means this isn't the exact plan, this is just a way of looking at it)),

Would you want that factory to generate its bricks once a day, so you didn't feel like you needed to be on the game all the time to get bricks? Or would you want it to generate them once every so many minutes?

i like the 30 min/1 hr idea especially since yall got the cell phone app out now

to solve it for both say if you know you wont be on for hours at a time do like a 1 hour time 12 hour time and 24 hour time set to where you would get the exact same if you did any but you chose how long you wait to collect(example like if you did 2 for 1 hour set 12 hours at 24 and 24 hours at 48 that way if you cant access it everyone gets the exact same you would get for the 1 hour every hour you would get for 24 hours then people would get the same amount a day as to people that work or go to school would get less cause they are doin somethin to where they cant be on 24 hours a day

I like the idea of choosing your own time to collect (30min/1hr/3hr...etc..) to whatever fits your schedule..but i do feel like people should be rewarded for playing more often
6 years ago #24
Las Vegas
Level: 95
great idea. message approved by "speedy"
6 years ago #25
Las Vegas
Level: 100
It's a great Idea
6 years ago #26
Mexico City
Level: 59
i like this
6 years ago #27
The Hood
Level: 98
Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ

Not sure.

gotta say the once a day sounds better simply because of the travelling between cities would cause a problem with cooldown.

or maybe be able to upgrade the building to do either and generate more items.

or even delagte it to your gang to collect the stuff for you maybe and introduce the gang sysytem a little more.
PLENTY OF ITEMS FOR SALE MESSAGE ME! :D

6 years ago #28
Dubai
Level: 29
The actual plan is for different buildings to give stuff at different rates, some faster than others, but I was curious whether a long interval or short interval would be preferred by most. Right now it's looking like that decision is split, so we'll try to think up a compromise.

By the way, if you still have questions, please post them to this thread. Don't mail me directly.

A lot of the people who are mailing me are not showing that they read and understood my original post. Particularly the third paragraph. Read that again before mailing me your question.
6 years ago #29
Las Vegas
Level: 93
I feel that brick production should generate only when you're online, and stops as soon as your character goes idle.

We really could use a captcha system too if this gets the green light.
6 years ago #30
Dubai
Level: 29
Originally posted by Hamusuta
We really could use a captcha system too if this gets the green light.

Since the stuff will only drop at a regular interval regardless, I'm not seeing how a captcha system (I know you're trying to prevent click-bots with this repeated suggestion) will really help matters. If someone is able to program a click bot to click exactly where they need to to collect from a building, at the exact time it produces (which I believe would be pretty hard), that person should be easy enough to spot.

Since we want people to keep coming back to the game, production won't be tied to on-line time exactly. I don't really want to punish people who can't be here 24/7. But the idea is that the more often you are around to collect, the more you will be able to collect, so being around more will still help.

Last edited by Rosalita 6 years ago