Unfortunately with the issues yesterday and spending most of the day cleaning up and recovering, this is a bit behind schedule. But it will go out tomorrow Wednesday, the 16th of October.
I will also be pruning combat logs older than 30 days before pushing this live. So that's one reason I'm pushing it to tomorrow, just so you have some warning.
The new combat system won't be immediately spectacular. There is some re-balancing of stats and equipment, so you should see less one-sided combats. Well, they'll still be one sided but you may sometimes get a small hit in before going down. One shot kills should be diminished, although they will still be possible at a certain strength difference.
- Combat will no longer be Person A swings at Person B, followed by Person B swings at Person A. Initiative will be based on a ratio of speed statistics. So Person A may swing four times before Person B swings.
- The flavor text is built to be expandable, although that feature isn't utilized right now. But it does mean that combat can be spruced up a bit message-wise in the future when we're feeling creative.
- Resolution text is also built to be expandable
- The biggest difference that will be immediately noticeable is you no longer fight someone, and then resolve combat by mugging cash, mugging diamonds, hospitalize or leaving them. Instead you end up with two branches, robbing them or fighting them. Robbing them will grab cash and diamonds if it can, and fighting them will hospitalize them longer and give more experience. Fighting them is also what you'll do to fulfill bounties or for gang wars. You will be able to choose which route you want to take before combat, to prevent fighting someone then trying to resolve and finding out someone else had done the same thing.
- Robbing them may in the future have a chance to grab item(s) off of them, if/when this is added this is how it'll be done.
- There are also some added stats into the mix that combat will use. But you currently don't have access to anything that will improve those stats yet, but just wait and see.